- 19-Nov-2012 to 04-Dec-2012 (EST)
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Full Time
PCI is seeking a Senior Level field service calibration technician to perform calibrations, preventive maintenance, repair and troubleshooting in our clients' FDA regulated facilities. This includes process, utility and building systems instrumentation.
This position is a non-exempt position, and twenty-five percent travel is required. Senior Calibration level technicians have increased responsibilities, and are expected to already possess strong experience and knowledge in both process/utility/building instrumentation and pharmaceutical industry regulations.
The Senior Calibration Technician is charged with providing leadership on client projects in the absence of a Team Leader. The Senior Calibration Technician provides technical expertise, customer interaction regarding compliance issues and quality, and is in effect the PCI contact for the project.
The Senior Calibration Technician is expected to display an understanding of company policies and procedures. Senior Technicians are expected to ensure that new hires for their respective team are properly welcomed and introduced to other company personnel and client representatives.
A successful Senior Calibration Technician will be a contributing team member, sharing the responsibility for ensuring compliance with FDA and client regulations.
- Ensure all PCI test standards/equipment are maintained properly and handled with care and in accordance of the intended use within operating ranges set forth.
- Ensure timesheet labor codes are recorded consistently and accurately by all personnel on projects on which the Senior Calibration Technician is assigned. (weekly)
- Identifying services additional services needed within the assigned area and/or client project.
- Process calibration documentation in a timely manner.
- Ensure PCI as well as Client work area is maintained neatly.
- Identify need for additional supplies, equipment, etc. and convey to the appropriate management resource.
- Ensuring that PCI personnel consistently meet all onsite requirements for regulations such as client specific GMP gowning, safety training, and contractor training, etc., in accordance with pre-established requirements which are documented via PCI Client Service Manuals.
Special Skills Required:
- Extensive process experience with but not limited to: temperature, pressure, level, and flow control loops.
- Climbing stairs, climbing on equipment such as tanks.
- Moderate to heavy lifting, up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Basic instrumentation and controls troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of calibration accuracy testing requirements.
- Working knowledge of MicroSoft Office products.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must be reliable, confident, eager to learn, and enjoy working with people.
- Must be self-driven and demonstrate ability to work with little direction. Display good organizational skills.
- General electrical panel knowledge and safety practices.
Experience & Education Required:
A two-year associates degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, or other related technical field (or equivalent military training such as PMEL, TMDE) and two years of instrumentation experience and one year of pharmaceutical industry experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. CCST or ASQ certifications desired.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: